Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Single mother of three girls - one biological (via IVF) and two adopted.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday, Sweet Monday -- Not!

I am SO not a morning person, and mondays make life even tougher. To top it all off, this is the day that I start back to work fulltime, after 6 years of fridays off. Nevermind that I won't actually experience the fulltime sensation until the end of the week -- it's just staring at the five work days ahead of me thats tough.
To add to that, my lunch date cancelled, and my office neighbors just had cake to celebrate a birthday and I wasn't invited. I know -- whine whine -- but it all adds up on monday mornings!

Over saturday night, the two older girls spend saturday night with my ex. The youngest opted for a sleep over at a seldom-seen friend's. Last night, my middle daughter started asking me about my ex's and my break up, and was really angry with me. I made her move out because I yelled at her. S didn't want to hear about MY side of things -- why I was yelling, or what made me yell. My ex is a big one for tears -- and since I made her cry, it was all my fault. It was a very tough conversation, ending with S turning her back to me in bed. I know she is only a child, but it hurt. Finally she rolled over to ask me another question, and all I could say is "I hope you'll understand why I did this when you get older." She's only 6 -- what more can I tell her? I certainly still seem like the meanie, since I'm the one with all the rules, and I can say when they go or stay.

This morning wasn't a very good one either-- no one wanted to go to school. For MG, all the spanish in kindergarten is overwhelming. She doesn't understand anything, even when the teacher uses hand gestures. S doesn't like her new teacher. S is very sensitive, and this teacher is a bit rough around the edges. It's a hard adjustment for her -- but one I HOPE will happen. After all, it's only been 4 days (and only 2 for MG).

Yes, it most definitely is a monday morning. And perhaps one even reflective of its historic happenings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home