Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Single mother of three girls - one biological (via IVF) and two adopted.

Friday, September 15, 2006

First Friday

Here it is, the first friday of my new fulltime schedule. I am having a hard time adjusting to the concept of this. Even leaving work yesterday, I had to remind myself that I didn't need to take things home for the weekend yet, because I still had another day. I was almost afraid I wouldn't remember to come -- that goodness the girls needed to be gotten off to school! The one nice thing about it though was that after just one week of fulltime work, my paycheck reflected it more than I expected it would.

Met with MK's teacher last night before curriculm night. One week into school and she's already behind in homework. Sigh. I hope we got a system worked out to keep her on top of things. I know a lot of it is her ADD, but I can't help but feel a lot of it is also intentional -- that she is constantly trying to get out of doing her work. Maybe I need to do more research on ADD kids. With three kids bringing home homework now, it's going to be a challenge to keep on top of it, plus practicing, plus their other activities. Free time is going to be a thing of the past. I'm beginning to think sleep is too....

1 Comments:

Blogger I n g e r said...

Oh, I can relate to everything in these last few posts. Are you holding up? How are the girls?

The Spanish immersion program--how fantastic! I keep thinking of a little girl who moved here from Italy halfway through kindergarten and ended up in my daughter's class. 6 weeks of stumbling a bit, but after 4 months or so the kid was completely able to navigate in English. (Of course, she had LOTS of teachers, since the other kids spoke English to her, too. But it's amazing how quickly kids adapt at that age.)

THinking of you all.

Inger

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home