Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Single mother of three girls - one biological (via IVF) and two adopted.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Post electionday thoughts

It's the morning after election day tuesday, and I'm sitting at my desk trying to decide how I feel. I am surprised that there wasn't a bigger sweep by the democrats, though I am certainly not unhappy that there was one at all. I think I am most disappointed by my home state. When I was out east in college, I was always proud to be from the one state that could be counted on to vote blue. After all, we were one of what - 3? - that went for Mondale for president! But last night I was mostly just disappointed in my fellow minnesotans. Tim Pawlenty again is bad enough - but Michele Bachman? Please. Are you telling me that people really think she is sane? A better representative of our people than Patty Wetterling? Michele Bachman is just pure evil. She is all for advancing her own agenda and not at all for that of the people. It just makes me sick to think about it.

On a more positive note - a commentator last night, talking about how quickly the local race in District 5 was decided, said that District 5 was the among the most democratic districts not only in MN but in the US in general. That is MY district. I was very proud at that one moment. At least all my local people won (but as just previously stated - that wasn't too much of a surprise. Neva Walker got 89% of the vote, Linda Berglin 85%, and Keith Ellison on 58%, but that was because the Inds and Reps split the rest 21%, 21%). Keith Ellison is the first muslim in the senate -- I think that is terrific. Maybe it will make them think a bit more about the world at large now.

For now, we can only sit back and see what the next 2 years bring and hope for the best in 2008.

1 Comments:

Blogger sjobs said...

In life time, I have known very few Democratic governors in our state. MOst have been Republicans in that office.

Timmy is done on the state level. He is eyeing the prize of vice-Pres. He wouldn't be able to get any of his agenda passed.

The district with Bachman has always been very conservative and to the right. That hasn't changed. Just look who held the seat before.

THis state has everything to be proud of. We had the highest voter turn out, we always do, we broke ground in many areas.

Be happy, life is better this weekend then last.....

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home